Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Been a Long Time!

Sorry folks, it's been a long time since an update. I've been pretty busy getting the kids back to school, doing radiation and working on helping the church kitchen get a permit to serve food to the public. Here's an update:

  • I've finished 5 of the 6 1/2 weeks of radiation treatment. I can't wait for it to be over. I'm a little tired but mostly tired of going to the hospital every day. I am going to do a dance when it's finally over!

  • I've started medication to help stop a recurrance. It has a lot of side effects but I'm trying to manage them as I have to be on this med for 5 years. It's tough to take but I'm trying to go with the flow and stick with it. I DON'T want a recurrance!!!

  • In two weeks from today - September 26th 35 of us will be walking in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in Boston. I'm am so looking forward to it. I can't wait to be with you all. I hope I don't cry through the whole thing. I am VERY touched by all of you with your continuous support. I've never felt so optimistic about life. If you want to participe or to just check it out, here is the link: http://komenmassrace.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=305839&team=3467966.

That's all for now, got to go and make paklava for the church picnic on Sunday the 13th of September. See you soon.

xoxo Susan

1 comment:

  1. Susan,
    I'm so impressed, you're doing all that annnd making paklava for the Church picnic today!!;-)

    Seriously, I wish you all the best for the end of treatment and the ongoing healing. I can't wait to see your 'dance'!
    xoo,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete